We know that a lot of passengers (as well as our drivers!) are eager to get out and about. As the World cautiously opens its doors to the new normal, it is with lighter hearts that we introduce to you our upcoming day trips and tours. As everyone’s welfare remains paramount, we have introduced a series of safety measures, details of which can be seen below. We have picked day trips to celebrate our beautiful countryside and to enjoy a picnic or perhaps support the local businesses. Feeling ready for a longer stay away why not join us to explore the history of Durham or to blow away the cobwebs on one our seaside trips to Llandudno or Whitby.
Please click on the following links to see our new daytrips and tours:
- EXCITING NEW DAY TRIPS FOR AUGUST 2020
- Durham, Beamish & The Alnwick Garden – 3 DAYS – 7th August 2020
- A Relaxing Break in Llandudno – 5 DAYS – 10th August 2020
- Whitby & The Coast of Captain Cook – 5 DAYS – 7th September 2020
If you would like to book or you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to ring on 01625 425060. Our new opening hours for the time being are from 13th July – Monday to Friday 9 a.m.–12.30pm.
We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
From all at
Roy McCarthy Coaches
P.S. We have missed you!
These are a some of the changes we have put in place for everyone’s welfare:
- Hand sanitiser – Hand sanitiser will be available at the vehicle entrance for all passengers to use before entering the vehicle.
- Face coverings – Government guidance recommends the wearing of a face covering when travelling on public transport. All passengers will be asked to bring their own face coverings and wear them while on the coach.
- Enhanced coach cleaning – The coach will have an enhanced cleaning procedure. This will include wiping down all key touch surfaces such as handrails, armrests and seatbelts using an antiviral cleaning solution between each journey. The whole inside saloon will have a regular cleaning with an aerosol-based disinfection (known as fogging) with an antivirus cleaning solution.
- Seat spacing – The maximum capacity of all coaches will be limited to help with social distancing. Only window seats will be available, however the seat directly behind the driver will not be in use. Passengers from the same household may sit together on a double seat, however the window seat opposite must not be used.
- Temperature screening – Before boarding the coach, the driver may take your temperature using a contactless infrared thermometer. A high temperature is one of the main symptoms of Covid-19. You may be requested not to travel if your temperature is 38C or higher, for the benefit of other passengers. The driver will also be tested at the start of each day.
- Air filtration – The air-conditioning system has been modified to only supply the cabin with fresh air from the outside, as has the front screen demister. This will vastly reduce the amount of air being recirculated.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the office on: 01625 425060